Welcome to my lifestyle blog.
Thanks for joining me, enjoying what I love – travel, food and fitness.
I’ve spent the last 5 years travelling around some beautiful countries with my partner, my right hand man nicecissist.blog, with no plans to stop now – I’m using this resource to write about the amazing places, things I’ve learned and the steps taken to get me here, sharing my insights with any other aspiring travellers out there.
First, let get one thing straight – I am not a natural nomad! Growing up, I was extremely shy, timid and often filled with anxiety. The thought of stepping out of my comfort zone filled me with dread.
How the hell did I get here?
In the age of the Instagram generation, the image that many portray online is rarely our truest self. Behind the glossy photos of waterfalls, sunsets and beaches, there is a unseen world of planning, mistakes and public toilets.
That said, making the choice to set off is one of the greatest decisions I ever made.
All it took, was a big push! Fear is natural, and we can use inaction as our shield. I let it hold me back for as long as I can remember. Facing my fears and venturing into the unknown, I’ve unlocked a wealth of new experiences which has allowed me to grow in confidence, knowledge and a fill my backpack full of stories.
- Bluer than blue
- Red sky in the morning
- Unseen China #2Tianmen Mountain National park- Zhangjiajie, northwestern Hunan province- China Everything built in China amazes me, “how did they build that?”.Continue reading “Unseen China #2”
- Unseen China #1Huangshan- Yellow mountain. Southern Anhui province, Eastern China. On the UNESCO world heritage list and one of the most favourable,Continue reading “Unseen China #1”
- My favourite travel gearFellow travellers or newbie travellers, welcome! I’m not going to bore you to death with a long list of items,Continue reading “My favourite travel gear”
- 10 New Zealand favourites: food and drinkA Hāngi is a below ground oven, dug into a pit. Wrapped food is placed above stones that become heatedContinue reading “10 New Zealand favourites: food and drink”
- The New NomadSaying no was my ongoing systematic response, with no room for thought I would unquestionably NOT do something that wasContinue reading “The New Nomad”